Unsupported format or damaged file with BRAW files since updating to Blackmagic camera 7.3

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere used to support the Blackmagic files fine until I updated my Blackmagic camera to the new 7.3 with Gen 5 software. Now when I import the BRAW file it shows "unsupported format or a damaged file error". I updated the Blackmagic Raw Player to 2.1 and still not working. Davinci Resolve reads the files fine but not Adobe Premiere. Anyone else come across this problem? Am I missing something? Do I also have to manually update a BRAW plugin for Premiere Pro? I couldn't find anything online other than old articles that Premiere now supports BRAW. 

I am using Mac OSX 11.4 (Intel)

Adobe Premiere 15.2

Blackmagic Raw 2.1

TOPICS
Editing, Error or problem, Formats, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi prod1200,

We're sorry to hear about this. We would like to get the file checked. If possible, please share a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? Also, let us know the Blackmagic camera that was used to capture the media & if the media was captured using Generation 5 color science.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you for contacting me about this issue.
Below is a link to a sample video.
The camera that I use is the Blackmagic Cinema Camera 4K.
Yes, I am using generation 5 color. 7.3 firmware.

Video link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gy63bgkv5v8t57b/A002_05291343_C040.braw?dl=0

--

Paul Rodriguez

Personal info removed by Mod 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for something like this keep in mind... it's just format and compatibility that matters.. so turning on camera and pointing it at something for 3 seconds and sending THAT file in dropbox is all you need to do and then people don't have to wait 2 hours for a 3.8 gb file to download.

: )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was there a fix for this because I'm having this exact same issue. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines