Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported or damaged MXF File CC 2020

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In what is yet another bug in 2020 I am getting an error off of Panasonic P2 camera files when trying to import them that says they are unsupported or damaged MXF files. They aren't. I deal with P2 media daily so I know the file structure is correct, the clips aren't spanned or otherwise damaged.. They are totally fine. I know they are totally fine because if I shut Premiere 2020 down and open Premiere 2019 I can import them with zero issues 100% of the time.

Seriously, if there are any Adobe engineers reading this you guys have broken so many things with the Panasonic P2 workflow 2020 is literally unusable. By far the worst "update" I have seen in years. It started with the Media Browser not even recognizing P2 files existed, which took you a month to fix, now this. Right now 2020 gets a strong F-. Get it together, Adobe. Updates should not break things that previously worked.

TOPICS
Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also had this problem today after an upgrade within Premier 2020 on Windows. Still had Premier 2019 on my computer so opened that and no problem accessing the P2 .mxf files that Premier 2020 said were unsupported or damaged. Exporting a MP4 file to use in Premier 2020 now. Obviously a Premier 2020 bug  - Adobe developers can you fix this please?  For the moment I have a workaround but it would be great if I didn't need to do this. Thanks Catherine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines