Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I just downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro and got the following message:

System Compatibility Report 

Video Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 

Unsupported Video Driver 

"If you continue with known issues, you may experience performance degradation, instability and data loss." 

My Specs: 

Edition: Windows 10 Home (vers. 1909)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 CPU 3.30 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

Unfortunately I've tried updating my graphics card and it didn't solve the issue.

Would getting an External Graphics Card solve this problem or will I need a new PC?

Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unsupported Video Driver and getting an External Graphics Card

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I just downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro and got the following message:

System Compatibility Report 

Video Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 

Unsupported Video Driver 

"If you continue with known issues, you may experience performance degradation, instability and data loss." 

My Specs: 

Edition: Windows 10 Home (vers. 1909)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 CPU 3.30 GHz

Installed RAM: 16.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

Unfortunately I've tried updating my graphics card and it didn't solve the issue.

Would getting an External Graphics Card solve this problem or will I need a new PC?

Any help is much appreciated!

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older Intel/nVidia video hardware is no longer supported
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/system-compatability-error/td-p/11131207?page=1
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/adobe-premier-pro-2020-is-not-support-for-nvidia-geforce...

>tried updating my graphics card

Are you talking about removing & replacing the CARD, or the card's driver?

Do you have a laptop or a desktop computer where you can replace the card?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. I was talking about buying an external graphics card. I have a desktop pc.

Can I replace the card or is my PC just too old? Also do you know the earliest intel version that is supported by premier pro. Is it i6 or above?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If by "external graphics card" you mean a truly external (outside-the-box-connection), then there is virtually nothing that's compatible with your particular system. But if you mean an add-in card that goes completely inside of the PC case, then your CPU will seriously limit the performance of the higher-end cards.

In other words, you're trapped in between a rock and a hard place. Either get a new GPU and hope for the best, or spend a lot of money for a new PC whose GPU is well matched (relative-performance-wise) to its CPU (which will almost always be significantly more powerful than your current CPU).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I was refering to an external graphics card attached to my desktop PC. Something like thunderbolt but hopefully cheaper. It looks like I may need to buy a new PC. Any idea of the minimum I would need to spend and would you recommend buying a more powerful graphics card on top of the cost of a pc?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To balance your CPU performance you'd need something like GTX 1050 (used, <70$), or new 1650/1650 super. Latter is actually overkill for your current system, but is more future-proof. Investing in a new PC make sense if you getting serious about video editing, but if it's a one time or very rare occasion, probably not

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you recommend an internal graphics card rather than an external one like thunderbold but cheaper? Its hard to know if i'm even asking the right questions becuase i'm not too familiar with hardware.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without being there to take the side panel off and look inside your computer case, I will GUESS that you don't actually have a card at all, you have an Intel chip that is part of the motherboard

So you MIGHT be able to buy a card as suggested and then disable the Intel chip in BIOS to only use the card you buy

If you are not familiar with opening the computer case and adding a card there are either online videos or have someone with more experience help... and do be aware that at least SOME cards not only plug into the motherboard, they need to have a separate power connector from the power supply to run the cooling fan(s)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've decided i'm probably better off just buying a new PC. I'm hoping to become a professional video editor so need a poweful cpu. Please let me know if the following PC is adequate:

Fierce RGB Gaming PC - AMD Ryzen 3 3100 3.9GHz, GTX 1650 4GB, 8GB 3000MHz, 1TB Hard Drive:

Processor Speed: 3.9 GHz
Processor Count: 4
RAM Size: 8 GB
Memory Technology: DDR4
Computer Memory Type: DDR4 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size: 1 TB
Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA-600
Hard Disk Rotational Speed: 7200
Graphics Coprocessor: NVIDIA
Graphics Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's just a little better vs what you already have, except graphic card. And 8GB RAM is too low for novadays

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can upgrade the memory easily to 16 gb. I'm just surpised even this PC isn't good enough as it's meant for gaming and contains a significantly superior graphic card. What would you recommend? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends. It's good enough for 1080p (not RAW) material, even for small 4k projects (likely via proxy).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I will be editing raw material. It will likely be used for Freelance Video editing work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except that power connector is needed for card in general, not just for its cooling fan. And, btw, integrated GPU in a PC often means that power supply inside is very basic. Means any mighty enough GPU may cause power overloading.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>better off just buying a new PC. I'm hoping to become a professional video editor

https://community.adobe.com/t5/video-hardware/premiere-pro-hardware-articles-to-read-before-you-buy-...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll give that a read although the technical jargon can be difficult to understand  How much roughly would I need to spend altogether?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0