• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver error on my surface pro 3

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the unsupported video driver error on my surface pro 3 but the recommended fix won't install.

Any ideas welcome.  Should I continue using Premeire Pro and hope for the best?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

surface pro 3 computer has i7 cpu @ 1.7ghz , 8 gb of ram, windows 10 updated recently, 250 gb ssd with 188 left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That processor is too weak for Premiere Pro.

If there is no dedicated 2GB inimum VRAM graphics card, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Premiere Pro:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your help.  I wonder if a new surface pro 7 would work.  is there a way for me to make sure other than looking at the requirements and trying to decide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again.  I will try to learn what I can.  I have good results on my macbook pro when I am home.  Premiere Pro stutters on the light weight Surface Pro 3 but works well enough to learn Adobe.  Also trying Rush on my Iphone.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Welcome to using Premiere Pro. Let us know how we can help you, OK?

BTW, video editing requires more hardware firepower than most application types. Lightweight laptops usually are the least desirable to use if you are heavily into video editing. I use a MacBook Pro, and that is usually fine, though. As far as Rush goes, please also keep in mind that more powerful phones work better than the cheaper ones. I use an iPhone X and it works fine. With 4K video, I might transcode it, but that's about it.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines