Unsupported video driver Premier Pro - HP Pavilion x360 latop (model 13-u063sa)

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks.

I'm hoping to create a video on Premier Pro but have received 'unsupported video driver' and cannot proceed.

I have Intel HD Graphics 520. I've tried updating but the message from Intel about the graphics is ...'A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Hewlett Packard for the latest driver for your computer.'

I've contacted HP and been on forums and installed the latest graphics for my laptop, which is only from 2018. After a restart this update has not solved the problem and Premier Pro displays the same 'unsupported video driver' issue.

I've seen some posts about Nividia. I don't know whether I need to buy hardware or download software as a fix. Maybe.

If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older Intel/nVidia video hardware is no longer supported
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/system-compatability-error/td-p/11131207?page=1
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/adobe-premier-pro-2020-is-not-support-for-nvidia-geforce...

You MAY be able to find an older version of the program at this link

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process
--will only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If HP fails or even refuses to update a driver that's more than a certain age with a sufficiently up to date driver version even though that hardware is still technically in "mainstream" support at the part manufacturer itself, then I feel your pain. HP is typical of such a manufacturer in that it completely discontinues all support for a given consumer laptop model after just three years, and would not even update its available drivers any more. And Adobe now absolutely requires a driver version with a build date that's after August 2020 in order to be deemed "compatible."

And you would not want to run even an older version of Premiere Pro on that laptop even if the hardware and/or driver version were compatible: Its CPU has only two physical cores (albeit hyperthreaded) - and no dual-core CPU is at all suitable for video editing, especially with today's highly-compressed smartphone video codecs. Premiere Elements 2021 might work with your laptop, but your laptop will still perform sluggishly when editing or rendering. Premiere Pro runs far better on a system with an 8-core/16-thread CPU than it does on a system with a 2-core/4-thread CPU. Unfortunately, laptops with the desired 8-core/16-thread CPU would not arrive on the market for another couple of years after your laptop was manufactured, and even today, those that are available with such a desirable CPU for the most part cost way more money than what you paid for that HP dual-core CPU-powered laptop.

As it stands, the only "fix" would be to cancel your Creative Cloud subscription (at least for Premiere Pro or any other Creative Cloud program that requires newer hardware or drivers than the latest that HP would have given you just to run properly), and accept being forced to pay any termination fees.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines