• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver ...why now?

Engaged ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new PC in December and have not updated the video driver for the Quadro Pro RTX 4000 since then.   My current version of Premiere Pro is 14.9.0 build 52 and that too has not been updated in a while 0 the current available version is 15.2.   I've been using Premiere Pro happily and steadily since I got the PC.

But then today I launched Premiere Pro and got the Unsupported Video Driver error window.   So, since I haven't changed anything,  why now?   One of the reasons I don't just go out and update everything to the latest version all the time is to avoid breaking things.    If it ain't broke don't fix it.   Video drivers especially are finnicky and run with high privileges so they can do a lot of damage if they're buggy or installed wrong, so if one seems to be working I like to leave it alone.     Furthermore the instructions for installing a new one are complicated and involve making a backup of your boot volume plus other skills which I don't think the average user should be expected to have.  (https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-nvidia.html)

So why did I get this now?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating an Nvidia driver is actually pretty simple ... and that Nvidia instruction page you linked in your other post actually has the entire process.

Why a driver becomes unusable is beyond my knowledge, but certainly not my experience. Simply update to the newest Studio driver. Do not add the "Geforce Experience" option.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines