Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unusable captions in 2021

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cap1.png cap2.png

This may seem like a small problem but is really huge.

You must be able to remove the black space after the last word on the second line.

(The first image is from the new (flawed) captions tool in 2021, the last is from the "old" 2020 version.)

It looks terrible when one line is much shorter than the other.

My current workaround: export a clip with only subtitles in version 2020 and import it and key it in the 2021 version...

Thank you in advance,

Markus

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users have asked for many different options. The current behavior is what I am calling "adaptive per caption." Adaptive meaning the background resizes to the text, and "per caption" meaing it uses all lines in the caption to set the size. What you want (which is what traditional captions are and what many users are asking for) is "adaptive per line" - the background resizes to each line.

Here's another thread, but the feature request it links to is for getting drop shadow on the whole background box.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/2021-new-captions-background-color-on-two-lines/m-p/1190...

I don't have a link to a feature request for your specific request. There should be one. If you find one or add one, post a link to it here so we can upvote.

Bug report/Feature request:
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you Dear,
It will be a pleasure for me to know in detail how to use premier 2021
Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines