Highlighted

Updated Old Project, Video is now out of sync

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently got a new pc and updated to Premiere 2020 after using a very old 2014 version on my old computer. Both PCs are running Windows 10.

My issue is that I opened up a project that I started on a year and a half ago using 2014 Premiere with 2020 Premiere, and now the video I'm editing is a few frames out of sync. The audio perfectly matches up with my old project however.

The problem is that it seems to vary the further I go into the timeline. I've already made a bunch of cuts, keyframes and added a bunch of effects a year ago using 2014 Premiere, so I don't know if it was always out of sync in 2014, but I just compensated for it, or if 2020 is the one that's out of sync.

The original was recorded on an Elgato HD60 (video capture device) and is an MP4 file.

I still have access to my old PC with the old version of Premiere, so if there is any info I could gather from there to help, please let me know. Is there any way I can make it match up with my keyframes and cuts without having to manually go and redo everything?

Topics

Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated Old Project, Video is now out of sync

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently got a new pc and updated to Premiere 2020 after using a very old 2014 version on my old computer. Both PCs are running Windows 10.

My issue is that I opened up a project that I started on a year and a half ago using 2014 Premiere with 2020 Premiere, and now the video I'm editing is a few frames out of sync. The audio perfectly matches up with my old project however.

The problem is that it seems to vary the further I go into the timeline. I've already made a bunch of cuts, keyframes and added a bunch of effects a year ago using 2014 Premiere, so I don't know if it was always out of sync in 2014, but I just compensated for it, or if 2020 is the one that's out of sync.

The original was recorded on an Elgato HD60 (video capture device) and is an MP4 file.

I still have access to my old PC with the old version of Premiere, so if there is any info I could gather from there to help, please let me know. Is there any way I can make it match up with my keyframes and cuts without having to manually go and redo everything?

Topics

Editing, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FAQ: Deleting Media Cache files

This Elgato thing does it make files with variable framerate: if so that be the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried clearing the cache. I'm also working from a brand new computer so there were no cache files prior to this.

I'm not sure if it does. How would I be able to see that? If it does though, wouldn't both projects have the exact same syncing issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check the file with Mediainfo.

Please post the outcome in treeview here on the forum.

wouldn't both projects have the exact same syncing issues?

2020 is different from 2014.

If it were me i would finish the project in 2014 and start fresh in 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Gehab LATEST
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

General
Complete name : C:\Users\huber\Downloads\Smash Bros Original FIle\Smash Bros - Switch - 2019-05-31 16-24-57.mp4
Format : MPEG-4
Codec ID : M4V (M4V /M4A /mp42/isom)
File size : 19.1 GiB
Duration : 1 h 7 min
Overall bit rate : 40.2 Mb/s
Movie name : Switch
Description : Smash
Recorded date : 2019-05-31
Encoded date : UTC 2019-05-31 17:49:00
Tagged date : UTC 2019-05-31 17:49:00

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4
Format settings : CABAC / 2 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP : M=2, N=14
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate : 40.0 Mb/s
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.322
Stream size : 19.0 GiB (99%)
Language : English
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.709
Transfer characteristics : BT.709
Matrix coefficients : BT.709
Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC LC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
Codec ID : mp4a-40-2
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 224 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 107 MiB (1%)
Language : English

This is the treeview. Looks like the framerate is constant.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines