Highlighted

Updated Windows (recent forced update) and now both source and project color is horrible

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I just updated Windows (verison 1909) and now both the source window and project monitor display really horrible colors. Luckily this doesn't affect exports but I don't look forward to sitting with a client and having to explain why things look so bad...

I'm running the newest version of Premiere 2020, updated my Nvidia drivers, and no compatibilty report issues. If I switch to software renderer only the issue goes away but this is not acceptable for daily use. Also, I've loaded this into Premiere 2019 and though it does work a bit better, now 2019 seems to have it's own issues as well... Cool

So, please help if you can. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, any fix? Thanks so much!

Current image

codys72658089_0-1593523861555.png
This is what it's supposed to look like:

codys72658089_1-1593524202145.png

Topics

Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updated Windows (recent forced update) and now both source and project color is horrible

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

So I just updated Windows (verison 1909) and now both the source window and project monitor display really horrible colors. Luckily this doesn't affect exports but I don't look forward to sitting with a client and having to explain why things look so bad...

I'm running the newest version of Premiere 2020, updated my Nvidia drivers, and no compatibilty report issues. If I switch to software renderer only the issue goes away but this is not acceptable for daily use. Also, I've loaded this into Premiere 2019 and though it does work a bit better, now 2019 seems to have it's own issues as well... Cool

So, please help if you can. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, any fix? Thanks so much!

Current image

codys72658089_0-1593523861555.png
This is what it's supposed to look like:

codys72658089_1-1593524202145.png

Topics

Error or problem, Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>updated my Nvidia drivers

Did you let Windows do that, or did you go direct to nvidia?

Have you tried an earlier version of the nvidia driver?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey John,

I did this through Nvidia's site. However the issue was still present before upgrading the driver, with my previous setup. Meaning, the previous drivers I had etc worked fine. Then Windows updated, Premiere broke and the new drivers still don't fix the issue. Would you recommend going back to an even older driver?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to downgrade the nvdia driver as there have been issues reported.

445 or 442 would do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann,

I'll look into that soon. I have found that if I turn off color management then everything more or less displays correctly. I'm guessing lower contrast now (more like sRGB/YouTube profile, etc) but the horrible color blocking/shifts and blown highlights are gone. Any idea what would be causing color management to do such horrible things to the image? Perhaps it's something in the newer version of windows that Premiere isn't yet updated for.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, change that driver! The newest ones are wonky across video apps, doing all sorts of odd things.

Next ... Microsoft may have changed their internal handling of color management with this release. Both Apple and Ms have done some odd and unpleasant things for video production folks recently. Sigh.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines