• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade issues from Premiere 13.1 to 15.2

Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have many clips in ongoing templates that are missing or corrupt after moving to Premiere 15.2.   All templates were made in the 13.1 and worked without flaw for the last 3 years.   We just upgraded our hardware (computer) to the biggest baddest video computers out there.   So, is there anyone that has come across a similar situation?  Any thoughts on what is happening?  

Thanks for replying!

Bwvideo

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are these templates? Project files? Can you try to create a new project in 15.2 then import these old projects in their entirety?

It also may be time to start fresh and re-create these templates in the newest version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow me to explain.....below is a pic of a small section of a chapter of many chapters.

Chapter 1c.PNG

 The purple video clips on the video trk are b-rolls that have been added to an existing video trk.   On some of the b-roll additions in some of the chapters, the clips became corrupt and all but disappeared.   The original clips have also become corrupt in the project folders.  That sums it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you make those templates? What exactly are they?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the above reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ... so you've opened the projects in a newer verision, and on some sequences there is corruption so not all clips display as they should. Got it.

First thing to do is dump all your cache files.

Second ... I would create a new project file in the new version of PrPro, then from the Media Browser panel in that project, navigate to, select, and import the assets of the old version project. This is a better way to try and get old project to open more "cleanly" in newer versions. It may help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Neil.   Currently there is no built up cache files as the computers are brand new and we have not worked with the templates yet.   The corrupt files just happened as we opened the projects fresh.   More investigating found that the clips had moved to varible frame rates (10 frames/sec vs. 24).   Weird but true.   The way the sequences/timelines are built in the projects would make it etremely difficult to go back and just import all the parts into a new project. Appreciate your help.  If anyone ever has a similar situation please let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very easy to import as I suggested ... from the old project file, not from the individual assets.

I think you missed that crucial bit. It's fast, and you can pull in the entire project or simply selected sequences.

And it is more reliable than "opening" an older version project that PrPro then "converts" to the new version. I don't know why, but it is.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any visuals you can share as a 'how-to' I would sure appreciate it.  It sounds like it could save me and another editor alot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply go to the Media Browser in PrPro.

Navigate to the old project file.

Right-click, select the "Import" option, and choose what you want ... entire project, selected sequences and so on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sweet.  I will give it a try on the next one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To any and all that might follow this string, all efforts have had no positive results.   Our templates still have issues so we are just repairing the templates and moving on.   I have looked to see if anything in the following Adobe releases have fixed the problems we are encountering.   They do not.   So for now we fix and hope that future releases will repair such problems.

Many thanks to all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As they've been going through the app and doing a complete rebuild of the code, I'm not overall surprised that some things from earlier versions are a bit botched. Royal pain in the tushie, of course.

But I'm glad they are rebuilding that code. Just wish it didn't occasionally lead to broken things. I don't know of any of these apps that don't get some broken functionality with older projects on rebuilding. Resolve certainly has.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines