• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to 14.9, Get Black Program Screen

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty frustrating.  I updated to 14.9 and now the program screen is black.  I deleted the cache, I imported it into a new project file, I copy/past into a new sequence, updated the Nvidia driver, closed and reopened Premiere, restarted the computer and nothing.  Just a whole slew of “Error retrieving frame __ at time ___ .  But the essential graphics work fine.

System:
Windows 10 pro
3970x Threadripper
128GB RAM
RTX 2080

I haven’t been able to update from 14.2 without having some type of major issue.  Would be nice to use the latest and greatest so any suggestions?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add: switch playback from Cuda to Software and back.  No help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't replicate. I'm on a 3960x, 128Gb of RAM, with a 2080Ti, and it's working great.

So ... really wonder what the difference is? I'm on the Nvidia 460.89 driver btw.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked with Adobe support and got the issue fixed.  What we did was uninstalled third party encoders, reset all the preferences (even beyond the usual shift-alt at startup), removed plugins, deleted the cache and temp files from what seemed like everywhere there was an Adobe folder, and set the sequence Preview File Format to I-Frame Only MPEG.  What it seems is that all the preferences, cache, and plugins installed from previous versions of Premiere Pro needed to be resset.  I'll be installing the plugins one-by-one to make sure it doesn't break Premiere.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What kind of 3rd party encoder did you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines