Highlighted

Upgrade to PP2020 and lost a lot of my synch and efx

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I upgraded to PP2020 and as usual with the upgrades - lost a lot of my audio synchs (in points moved or removed so they're gray stripes in the sequence).

Also all my Adjustment Layer EFX are not loaded.  Rather than spending several hours reloading or days re-cutting -- is there a shortcut?

I highlighted all the Adjustment Layers, but it doesn't let me do a Group reload. 

When I rendered the whole time line - it took 3 hours, but still didn't reload those elements.

This is super annoying since I am editing features and lose over 1 week's worth of work everytime Premiere upgrades.

I literally complain about it every year.

Thanks,

Shilpa

TOPICS
Audio, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Upgrade to PP2020 and lost a lot of my synch and efx

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I upgraded to PP2020 and as usual with the upgrades - lost a lot of my audio synchs (in points moved or removed so they're gray stripes in the sequence).

Also all my Adjustment Layer EFX are not loaded.  Rather than spending several hours reloading or days re-cutting -- is there a shortcut?

I highlighted all the Adjustment Layers, but it doesn't let me do a Group reload. 

When I rendered the whole time line - it took 3 hours, but still didn't reload those elements.

This is super annoying since I am editing features and lose over 1 week's worth of work everytime Premiere upgrades.

I literally complain about it every year.

Thanks,

Shilpa

TOPICS
Audio, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.52.03 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it synched back completely wrong Folder / Clip / Subclip from wrong shoot dates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me as well when i use source files with the same file names and it has always turned out that i did not pay 100% attention when i linked up the clips. I linked up the wrong clips and Premiere Pro was not to blame.

To solve it i make the whole project offline and then start to manually link back clips and by doing this careful the correct clips will be linked up. I always create one (1) folder for each project and all related media to the project lives in that folder and it´s subfolders, so in that case it is easy to make the whole project offline in one go and it is easier to link up files when i know where they are.

If you have source files scattered over one or more HDD´s it´s better to use the Make Offline command inside Premiere Pro and make all media offline. The fastest way to do it in complicated projects is to create a new Bin in the Project panel and move all Bins/media into that Bin and right click on it and choose Make Offline. Next, open that Bin and use the Link Media command to link back one Bin at a time. When one Bin has successfully been re-linked, save the project and link up the next Bin. Yes, it can take some time and an unorganised project will be more challenging than a organised proejct.

Before you start, make a copy of the project file in case something goes wrong. 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already changed all the file names on the Masters 4 years ago, and
re-imported them, to avoid this problem.
Thanks.

--
Shilpa Mankikar
Writer Director Producer
[personal info deleted by mod]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Color Adjustments have disappeared.

Adobe, I spend HOURS and DAYS fixing all this - why do you ALWAYS lose essential editing?

This is supposed to be a professional grade software.Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 3.55.23 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks fine to me.

Twirl down the effects.

Hit the show timeline button (dotted arrow)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

revert to the previous version that worked.   It's always dangerous to update in the middle of a project.  I've got 2019 and 2020 projects running on my system without issues. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a project that started in 2016, so this isn't a practical
solution.
In that case I would be running an obsolete version of Premiere.

Isn't there a way to mass reload the Adjustment Layers at least?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea. This can be a right pain.

Some basic advice for updating ...

• NEVER simply update a project from one major version to another ... 13.x to 14.x, or in other terms, 2019 to 2020. Create a new project in the new version, then use the Media Browser panel to navigate to and select the previous project file, and import the assets of that file.
  • When doing ANY updating, whether for full versions (13.x to 14.x) or within a version, ALWAYS ... before opening any project, dump your cache/media cache database files first. Make it create new cache files within the new version.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 1.15.06 AM.png

Look - it's loading in the Preview on the left, but not the Playback on the right in the Sequence.  Then I reloaded the Adjustment Layer -- the next shot also went black.  It was working 5 minutes ago.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try my suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0