Highlighted

Uploading Issues With Screen Recordings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a screen recording using Qt (im using a macbook). The screen recording is 17 minutes long, although when i upload it to premiere pro it cuts down to 8 minutes and i dont understand why the rest of the footage doesnt show up??

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uploading Issues With Screen Recordings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a screen recording using Qt (im using a macbook). The screen recording is 17 minutes long, although when i upload it to premiere pro it cuts down to 8 minutes and i dont understand why the rest of the footage doesnt show up??

TOPICS
Error or problem, Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my bad sorry im new to this 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean "import" footage? If so, you probably imported a file that Premiere Pro could not understand. Likely it had a variable frame rate, which can sometimes be interpreted correctly.

I would recommend that you transcode this footage in Handbrake, then import that file into Premiere Pro. That should work. In the future, you can use a hardware device to capture video that can be directly imported into Premiere Pro. They are not expensive, and that is the recommendation that I have if you need a time saving solution for the future. Return with questions or successes. Hope to hear from you.

Regards,
Kevin 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there are screen recordings i can use that work better with Pp??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

by their nature afaik screen recordings are always variable frame rate.  Handbrake does a good job converting them to constant frame rate.   Adobe is working on improving this workflow, but in the meantime, get with the program and use handbrake...  If there's a problem, post back...    Here's a tutorial on using handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

There's one glaring mistake in this tutorial.  5 points if you can find it...  (unless it's been fixed since I pointed it out to the author).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried using handbrake and i still find it quite confusing i imported my the video (after using handbrake) and this is the things i got messages i got out of PpScreenshot 2020-07-16 at 00.30.27.pngScreenshot 2020-07-16 at 00.10.09.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 2
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows PC can import Quicktime screen recordings. All my Mac tutorials are captured using Quicktime but edited on a PC using Premiere Pro.

https://youtu.be/sRYufN01fA4  

https://youtu.be/Duf0kNi0Hos  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 1