• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upon start-up: "Could not retrieve the 'My Documents' folder location..."

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I'm new to Premiere Pro, and just installed it, but every time I open the program I get the same error message (see attachment):

premiere pro error.PNG

From what I'm able to tell, I can still use Premiere as normal, but all my files get saved to a temporary folder, and I can't locate my currently existing files without great ordeal.

I've tried to reinstall, and also tried to manually create a folder called "My Documents" in several different places. Nothing seems to work 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like a file/folder permissions issue. Premiere can't access that location.

So you will need to set the permissions for Premiere to "run as administrator" in Windows.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could not find the user documents directory error solved In Adobe Premiere Pro CC. * Lets Connect Facebook page " https://www.facebook.com/tukitaki.craft Facebook group "https://www.facebook.com/groups/tukitaki.craft/ Twitter " https://twitter.com/tukitaki_craft Brought to you by, - - - - - - - -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, this seemed to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt work for me.

My permissions switch was already off. 

I turned it on and than added PP21 as an acepted app and still it does it error box on startup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that really worked. am grateful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines