• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 100% CPU when adding effects (without rendering)

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I have a problem that hadn't existed for a few days. When adding effects, like Dissolve, Iris or any other, and I will see how my CPU is going from <10% to 100% and I cannot see the result of the effect.

When rendering, you are currently using the GPU correctly. In this case the CPU never reached 40%.

Someone help me?

Setup:
Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core
Kingston SSD
32 GB of Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it seems that when rendering it is ignoring the GPU now. Strange is that I did absolutely nothing, yesterday was normal and today is with this problem.

In my settings of the project is to use CUDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU is going to help out with certain things, but the CPU still does most of the heavy lifting. My assumption is that the CPU spike that you're seeing during a transition is a result of have two media streams to decode rather than one. If you're working with media that's more difficult for your computer to decode (play) than usual, that may account for a change that you're seeing.

You can always check on those GPU drivers as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Phillip Harvey  
I understand. Is there anything I can do to perform better? The fact that my CPU reaches 100% is not the problem, but that I cannot accurately visualize the transitions or effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marlon5FBD 

@Aleksandr5FD9 

You can try using a different version of Premiere to see if there's something up with the current version and your system. It doesn't seem right to be causing that much of a processing bottleneck for a basic dissolve or iris transition. If you're using some kind of VFX transitions, or you have some seriously intensive media, then maybe I can see that, but that doesn't sound right for the basics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely the same problem appeared. I edit the video the same. Now when using transitions, timeline and preview are saved and the processor is loaded at 100%.
Ryzen 9 3900x
64GB ram
RTX 3080

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Aleksandr5FD9 Your setup is very, very good. Does your video get stuck on the timeline causing you not to notice the added effect?

The fact that the CPU reaches 100% does not bother me, the problem is that the video is stuck and I can't see the effect.

The solution apparently is not to improve the setup, since our partner @Aleksandr5FD9 has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, everything is as you say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In version 14.5, now the processor is not involved, the video card is involved. But it still freezes on transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Verified. The latest version where everything works well is 14.3. 14.5 frieze just all that you can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines