• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using AMD Ryzen 9 3900X with Marker Panel?

Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have a Threadripper 1950X and I use the marker panel extensively in my work. It is so slow it's basically unusable. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Ryzen 9 3900X, which has a much higher single-thread performance than the Threadripper, but my Intel Core i9 Macbook Pro runs the marker window fine and is only a 30 point advantage on the Threadripper.

Does anyone who already owns a 3900X (or any Ryzen 3000-series CPU) have experience with the marker window? Don't wanna plop down the $700+ if it's gonna have bad performance still because it's AMD not Intel or whatever it is.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I cannot answer your question... maybe you can answer mine? I've got a new Macbook Pro I bought last year. I do a lot of work in Cinema 4D with Octane Render, as well as After Effects. As you know, these programs are total RAM hogs and can use all the graphics help they can get. If I buy a Threadripper, could I connect it to my Macbook Pro via the Thunderbolt 3 port to strengthen my GPU rendering capabilities? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm very inexperienced in this realm. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! No, you wouldn't be able to because a threadripper is a CPU, not a GPU.
you'd have to look for a GeForce probably and the 3080 just came out and is
an affordable monster of performance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah ok, thank you so much! Of course, now that I'm searching for this Geforce RTX 3080 everywhere, every place seems to be sold out. I guess the model released right before that one may have to suffice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines