Exit

Using an AE Comp with different blending modes

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I doubt this is possible but....

I have a graphic made up in AE that needs normal and screen blend modes to work correctly on background footage.

In AE I was using Collapse Transformations toggle to correctly composite it as a PreComp on the footage.

But now I'm trying to streamline my workflow by compositing in PremPro.

I don't suppose there's a setting or clever way to carry over the comp layer blending modes from After Effects?

In AE I've set the Screen layers to a different label colour. When I'm happy I duplicate the Comp, hide the Screens on one Comp and Solo them on the other.

Taking both into PremPro works better than I thought but it'd be great if it could be just the one.

Any ideas?

Cheers

TOPICS
Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For something requiring blending modes in Ae, I would export a clip from Ae, and replace the comp on the Premiere timeline with the full media from Ae.

In fact, for most things, after I finish Ae, I export to replace the comp.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't understand 😞

Do you mean you would composite the gfx on the background footage and import that into Prem as a rendered file?

It sort of defeats the point of what I'm trying to do.

I have a news type ticker strap with various details animating on and off. I wanted to be able to trim and slip the GFX to time it to the footage. It's way easier to do this in Prem than AE.

But because some of the ticker overlaps the footage with a Screen blend I can't use standard blend mode.

But, I've heard now from an AE guy that it can't be done. I need to duplicate the Comp , hide certain layers and take 2 Comps into Prem then use 2 blending modes.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good answer from the Ae user group. For questions dealing with Ae into Pr, it's oft wiser to hit the Ae forum, as that group has typically more experience fussing with the dynamic link than the Pr types have.

And your Ae comp is a wee bit more than what I do over there, mostly I've just made mogrts that used animation that Ae was better at.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines