• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Audio to Sync Clips - Frustrating issue

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, community! I could really use a hand understanding how to fix an issue I'm having. So far, I've had no problem using Premiere to sync video clips using audio using the following process: *select both clips, right click, select "syncronize", and make sure the correct audio track is selected.

Right now, I'm working on a project that's a bit more complicated and am running into problems. When I try to sync new video clips, the clips that are already perfectly synced get bumped out of place. I don't know what features, etc to start with.

The story:

I'm editing a music video that has multiple camera tracks and one mixed audio track. I'll explain the issue as best I can using a screenshot, but let me know if there's other info that would be good to include. Will describe the content of the tracks after the screenshot. (will also attach the image file)

premiere screenshot.png

V1 and A1 are from the main camera that was on a tripod for the whole song. They are the backbone I'm building the video around.

A2 is a professionally mixed version of the audio from the performance. I had microphones infront of the instruments during the song. I plan to mute all camera audio and just use this track for the audio in final mixdown. I was able to sync the audio from A1 and A2 with no problem, and I'd like to keep these locked together.

The purple clip is a short segment that was filmed by a videographer during the song. No issues using the audio from the purple clip to sync with A1 (the audio from the tripod camera). I know that it would have been better if the videographer let the camera run the whole time so it wouldn't be necessary to sync a bunch of clips.

NOW, the yellow clip is where I start to have issues. When I added it to the sequence and used my usual process to sync it to the A1 audio, the two main audio tracks got bumped out of alignment. So... The Yellow clip and A1 are now in alignment, but A2 (professional audio) is no longer aligned with A1 (tripod camera audio). So now, I have this result:

premiere with un-aligned audio.png

I spent some time messing around and doing things in a different order to see if I could get past the issue, and no luck. I'm just not sure of the next thing to try.

If anybody have experience getting something like this to work, I'd be extremelly grateful to hear your thoughts!

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

I don't have time to test different synchronizing options, but you may find this workaround to be useful:

I would use clip markers to resynch the audio: select A1 and A2 press M to create a marker on each clip. Now whenever those clips are shifted in time, I will align both clips together using created markers as a visual aid for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have time to test different synchronizing options, but you may find this workaround to be useful:

I would use clip markers to resynch the audio: select A1 and A2 press M to create a marker on each clip. Now whenever those clips are shifted in time, I will align both clips together using created markers as a visual aid for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea! That was an option I didn't know about. I'll give that a shot this afternoon and see if it helps. I appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again. That DID work. Still a bit cumbersome, but got the job done, and I'm very appreciative!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines