Highlighted

Using Dual Monitors in Pro

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I know lots of people have been having issues when using multiple monitors in Premiere Pro.

I have searched posts but can't find my exact issue, so thought I would ask.

I have a 2 monitor set-up and after launching Premiere I then stretch it across 2 screens as I have done for years. However, now every time I launch it decides to launch on my 1st screen only and I then have to re-stretch across both monitors? Is there a way to lock it ?

thanks for any help.

Regards

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Dual Monitors in Pro

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I know lots of people have been having issues when using multiple monitors in Premiere Pro.

I have searched posts but can't find my exact issue, so thought I would ask.

I have a 2 monitor set-up and after launching Premiere I then stretch it across 2 screens as I have done for years. However, now every time I launch it decides to launch on my 1st screen only and I then have to re-stretch across both monitors? Is there a way to lock it ?

thanks for any help.

Regards

Topics

Editing, Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premeire has never been 'good' at working while stretching across monitors. It's far better to create workspaces with a panel or group of panels on each screen.

I've worked for several years with two monitors, now with three ... an ultra-wide for base GUI, a 1920x1080 as additional GUI monitor with a separate panel of Premiere with several panels inside it, and a UHD monitor as my transmit-out monitor. Solid, stable, and works very well.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks for your reply. I am just shocked that this has only just come
about?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has just come about?

I look back at my comment ... Premiere has never worked well with the GUI stretched across monitors, it can work very well with workspaces built with separate panels on multiple monitors.

Neither is new.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines