Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using HSL Secondary to Darken an Object

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

I have an object in a video shot that is over-exposed. I've isolated most of it by it's dominant color with HSL secondary. I'd like to just darken it or redeuce the white level, not change color. Is it possible to do that?

It's actually the face of a guitar which is moving slightly throughout the clip so using an opacity mask will require keyframe automation and my older computer won't handle that very well.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Lumetri panel's HSL Secondary tab has two sections ... the upper part, where you set the key. And the lower part, where you change the pixels selected by that key.

So after making your selection and using the mask, say gray/color, to be sure where you're key is active, you turn the mask back off and use the color wheel/s and sliders below it to affect that area.

The color wheel in the HSL Secondary tab at first shows as one over-all wheel, but if you click the little 3-wheel icon there, it opens up the full three-wheel Shadows, Mids, and Highlights as in the Color Wheels tab. Just use the luma slider on the Highlights tab to pull that down.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines