• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using installed font in subtitles [Premiere Pro 2020]

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with a specific font (Ideal Sans) that I have to use for a client. I installed the font and can use it in regular text boxes, both in Premiere Pro and other applications such as After Effects, but I can't get it to work in the Open Captions function. Other external/installed fonts works just fine, and Ideal Sans does show up as an option in the drop-down list, but PP seems to replace it with the standard caption-font. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all fonts work equally well in open captions.

Do you need it burned it or as a side car file.

If its the former use the Ess. Graphics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subtitles must be burned in. I already made the subs in open captions, but the client then decided that I had to use their brand font, which is why I would prefer to just change the font in stead of re-doing them as graphics. 

But if the issue is that their font simply isn't supported as captions, there's no other option than to pour myself a big cup of coffee and make some new subs using the text tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not where I can access my notes. Do a search for after effects caption scripts. You should find an option to take a sidecar file and create the text.

If you don't have very many captions, go with the coffee!

•  

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines