Highlighted

Using iPhone 29.98 and Canon T2i 29.97 in Project

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I've edited a 20 minute project using footage from my iPhone and Canon Rebel T2i. The iPhone was set to 29.98 and Canon T2i was set to 29.97.

I made a sequence of each video clip so I could key out the green and adjust the color before editing; then I synchronized all those resulting sequences into the project based on their audio. The sequences made from "iPhone clips" were 29.98 44100 1280x720. The sequences made from "Canon clips" were 29.97 48000 1920x1080. I'm using 29.98 44100 1280x720 as my general output for the project.

Here's the problem: When I render the project, the iPhone shots are in perfect sync with the audio. However, almost* all of the Canon shots look LATE BY (I'm guessing) 4-8 FRAMES compared to the audio.

Questions:

1) I discovered one sequence at about 2 minutes into the project that is set for 29.97 48000. *Even the Canon shots seem to be in sync BEFORE this one sequence but out of sync AFTER this sequence. Can I just manually change the sequence settings to 29.98 44100 for this one sequence and might that help?

2) Would it help to manually change the original Canon sequence settings to 29.98 44100 as well (even though they were probaby "converted" when added to the larger sequences. (These are the sequences that appear 4-8 frames late in the overall project.)

The project is so close to being done that I don't want to screw something up at this point. But the sync problems are a bit distracting.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Topics

Audio, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using iPhone 29.98 and Canon T2i 29.97 in Project

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I've edited a 20 minute project using footage from my iPhone and Canon Rebel T2i. The iPhone was set to 29.98 and Canon T2i was set to 29.97.

I made a sequence of each video clip so I could key out the green and adjust the color before editing; then I synchronized all those resulting sequences into the project based on their audio. The sequences made from "iPhone clips" were 29.98 44100 1280x720. The sequences made from "Canon clips" were 29.97 48000 1920x1080. I'm using 29.98 44100 1280x720 as my general output for the project.

Here's the problem: When I render the project, the iPhone shots are in perfect sync with the audio. However, almost* all of the Canon shots look LATE BY (I'm guessing) 4-8 FRAMES compared to the audio.

Questions:

1) I discovered one sequence at about 2 minutes into the project that is set for 29.97 48000. *Even the Canon shots seem to be in sync BEFORE this one sequence but out of sync AFTER this sequence. Can I just manually change the sequence settings to 29.98 44100 for this one sequence and might that help?

2) Would it help to manually change the original Canon sequence settings to 29.98 44100 as well (even though they were probaby "converted" when added to the larger sequences. (These are the sequences that appear 4-8 frames late in the overall project.)

The project is so close to being done that I don't want to screw something up at this point. But the sync problems are a bit distracting.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kevin

Topics

Audio, Formats, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Ann Bens LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the phone footage is variable framerate convert to constant framerate with Handbrake before bringing into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines