Highlighted

Using Master Styles across projects

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole new titling system in Premier is a welcome relief, mostly, from the old title builder. Particularly in the Master Styles attribute mechanism. However, reusing a library of master styles across different projects seems problematic.

I create Project A. Generate several named styles. I close Project A and create Project B. None of the styles from A up in the menu forcing me to recreate another identical list of styles. Kinda misses the point of such a system. I discovered that if I load Project A first, followed by Project B, B now has access to those original styles. I'm not sure what's the bug and what's the feature. I can close A and B still has the styles. No apparent way to save the styles out as a library of sorts. Makes me wonder if I should create a dummy root project and load that in first before any others.

So, what am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Using Master Styles across projects

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole new titling system in Premier is a welcome relief, mostly, from the old title builder. Particularly in the Master Styles attribute mechanism. However, reusing a library of master styles across different projects seems problematic.

I create Project A. Generate several named styles. I close Project A and create Project B. None of the styles from A up in the menu forcing me to recreate another identical list of styles. Kinda misses the point of such a system. I discovered that if I load Project A first, followed by Project B, B now has access to those original styles. I'm not sure what's the bug and what's the feature. I can close A and B still has the styles. No apparent way to save the styles out as a library of sorts. Makes me wonder if I should create a dummy root project and load that in first before any others.

So, what am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertS,

Sorry for the issue.

Makes me wonder if I should create a dummy root project and load that in first before any others.

I think that is an excellent idea. It's what I will do, as well. That said, I think you should bring this topic up to the developers here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2643 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertS,

I create Project A. Generate several named styles. I close Project A and create Project B. None of the styles from A up in the menu forcing me to recreate another identical list of styles. Kinda misses the point of such a system. I discovered that if I load Project A first, followed by Project B, B now has access to those original styles. I'm not sure what's the bug and what's the feature. I can close A and B still has the styles.

We think you have actually hit a bug. Master Text Style project item is not being copied over for a new project in the same app session (Multi Projects Open).

If you would like to see some way to add a "Library" of Master Text Styles. How would you want that to work? Please add your ideas to User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's been two years since this last post and I have the very same need as the original poster. I have recently upgraded to the full CC suite, so it is the most recent PP (2020) and fully up to date. However, not only can I not carry over a "master text style" from one project to another, the trick described above (open a project with the style first) does not work. I have followed other internet leads, creating and installing a MOGRT, which shows up in my graphics panel, there it is: but it does nothing. The style is not on the drop down list. I can't drag and drop it on the text. I cannot get the style to apply itself to my text in any way shape or form. Surely I'm missing something obvious. Can somebody please fill me in?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.

Why Adobe didn't include a simple way to move master styles between projects is beyond me. The way templates worked in the legacy title editor was so much better, they should have never gotten rid of it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. If anybody figures it out, please post here.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0