Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

using playhead as Mark In

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

Coming from Flame and Avid I thought it was standard for an edit to use the source playhead position as a Mark In when one wasn't set.

Premiere seems to use the 1st frame of source even when you're parked up mid shot.

Is there a setting for this?

I've tried googling but can't seem to find it.

Thanks

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Every one of these apps is built differently ... I can think of any question like this, and in my head immediately hear the long arguments at NAB with a bunch of editors/colorists/vfx people standing around arguing about which was the more logical and which was stupid. Never ending arguments.

When you're in Resolve, you're in Resolve. When in Premiere, you're in Premiere. When you're in Avid ... well, there you are.

I work between Premiere (mostly), Audition, Resolve and AfterEffects in desc

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the "mark in" keyboard shortcut ... it sets the "in" where the playhead (CTI) is sitting. It doesn't on your rig?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, sorry, my point is that it's fairly standard to not have to enter an i/p.

If there isn't one set the system uses where you have source parked rather than first frame of clip.

so you just park it up and press overwrite.

It does it on Rec side but not Source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you hadn't marked in on Rec, you wouldn't expect it to overwrite at first frame of your seq.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every one of these apps is built differently ... I can think of any question like this, and in my head immediately hear the long arguments at NAB with a bunch of editors/colorists/vfx people standing around arguing about which was the more logical and which was stupid. Never ending arguments.

When you're in Resolve, you're in Resolve. When in Premiere, you're in Premiere. When you're in Avid ... well, there you are.

I work between Premiere (mostly), Audition, Resolve and AfterEffects in descending order of hours per week.

Every one of them has different UI models, keyboard shorts, and general operation for things like this. Yep.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, you have to enter an i/p.

Fair enough. I find it odd, but it's not a deal breaker 🙂

Thanks for the clarification, I'll stop looking for the option.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines