• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using premiere pro again in 2020

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been years since I used premiere pro. Last time was back in 2007 bought the software to be installed at home on my windows xp desktop. I used it until my computer crapped out in 2012.

now it's 2020 only using a laptop that I got back in 2013 using windows 8.

What's the new way to use the software?

do we no longer actually install software on the computer?

is it now basically you sign in to a server and upload your content and run it from there?

even though I'm 31 just slightly behind on some technology I really could use help on how everything works now before I drop a few grand on a Apple desktop with final cut as an alternative.

all the help and information is very much appreciated 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Media remains  'local' to you computer - unless you are on a network or server. It's only licensing, apps and sign-in that has moved to the cloud.

You install applications from Adobe by downloading the Creative Cloud app and then choosing what software to download. Which is still run locally on your computer.

Your 2013 laptop may well not be up to the task of running Premiere Pro. Adobe have a list of specifications required. Check them out.

However, you could also run a 'trial' version of Premiere Pro at no cost and see how you go?

Updating your machine and using FCP-X could be a great option ... but if you did splash out on a new Mac you may 'still' decide to go with Premiere Pro. I think FCP-X is great but it's a different beast and not like the FCP-7 you may have used in the past. Premiere Pro is has much more of the 'traditional' non-linear editor workflow and may be easier for you to get back into.

So I suggest get the trial, play with it on your old laptop (even if it is not going to run perfectly) and use the trial to decide which way to go with new hardware.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines