Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Premiere Pro to author DVD's with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2019 Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Community,

Since the official end of Encore I have been looking into using TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6, which many in the Encore forums recommended, to author some DVD's from video exported from Premiere Pro. According to my brief reading through the forums it appears this program is similar to Encore, easier to use but with less functionality, especially with editing menus.

I was previously using this tutorial for authoring in Encore - Is there any way to make a DVD through Premier Pro CC 2017?

To my understanding TMPGEnc doesn't take separate audio and video, and the audio sounds terrible when I import the M2V file format.

What is the best setting for exporting from Premiere Pro to author a DVD in TMPGEnc (looking for best possible quality)? And is the tutorial author correct that DVD should not be progressive? The Adobe Help file on the subject has "NTSC Wide Progressive" selected.

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019
To my understanding TMPGEnc doesn't take separate audio and video, and the audio sounds terrible when I import the M2V file format.

I can import .m2v and .wav without any problems in Authoring Works 6. The audio sounds great in app and on the authored disc. In Encore you are required to choose both files when you import but in Authoring Works 6 i can just select the video file and the audio for the video imports as well.

I use the MPEG2-DVD exporter in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your source footage is interlaced the export to interlaced too, otherwise export to progressive.

Setting: mpeg2-dvd with multiplexer to DVD. This will give you one mpg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can import .m2v and .wav without any problems in Authoring Works 6. The audio sounds great in app and on the authored disc. In Encore you are required to choose both files when you import but in Authoring Works 6 i can just select the video file and the audio for the video imports as well.

I use the MPEG2-DVD exporter in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Authoring Works 6 i can just select the video file and the audio for the video imports as well.

That was my experience as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - the audio did load with the video as you said. The audio quality is likely a problem with my sound card. Thanks for everyone's responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting H.264 Blu-ray from Premiere 14.7 the video and audio are not multiplexed.  However Authoring Works 6 has a feature to Multiplex the audio and video.  Does Authoring Works reincode the video when creating a Blu-ray disc?  Also, if I create an MPEG2-DVD does Authoring Works reincode the video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Authoring Works 6 does not reincode MPEG2-DVD or H.264 Blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You don't need to muliplex in AW6.

If you import the video (.m4v) the audio automatically comes along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines