• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using razor to cut a long sequence in same sized pieces?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of takes on top of each other and I would like to cut them with the razor in the same size (length).

I would like to end up with cuts that are eg 5 frames each (or maybe 2 secs each).

Is there a way to make cuts like this instead of having to cut and move, cut and move,...

All the pieces should have the same length so I can shift between them later and remove some pieces almost like cuttin up everything in small pieces and randomly mix between them.

But it takes too much time to make all the cuts.

Finally it should look something like the attached image (even though those are not exact length, just to show what I'm looking for).

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm...I'm sure someone will come along with a better idea than me - but I have one. You can hit Cmd+K on Mac or Ctrl+K on PC while the video plays to put in edits while you play the clips on your timeline as long as playback is not laggy. It might not be on the exact frame, and it might be too hard to do for every 5 frames. But you might be able to time it well enough for 2 seconds. Are you trying to get it exactly at 2 seconds on the dot? Or are you just trying to get a bunch of rough edits in quickly? Good question...I'll keep thinking and looking for quicker ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I would like to have it exactly on the dot. Trying to make a special effect that I came up with and I want to try it out with different settings. So maybe I want to use it with 2 secs or maybe 1 sec. So it would be great to have something that can cut it in exact pieces so I finally know what works best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be precise, use a relative time move. For example, if you want a cut exactly 5 frames later, click the time display (Playhead Position) in the upper left corner of the Timeline to select the numbers, enter “+5” and press Enter or Return. That will advance the playhead 5 frames, and then you can press the Add Edit (Command-K) shortcut to split the selected clip there. If you wanted exactly 2 seconds, enter “+2.” into the time display; including that period is important to distinguish it from 2 frames. In other words you could also enter “+2.00” or “+2:00” and that would also be “move two seconds forward.” To save time, copy the value you want to enter so you can just paste it in for each move.

It’s still tedious to click the time display and paste over and over again. If someone knows a keyboard shortcut for the Playhead Position time display, that could speed it up a little more. I looked in the Keyboard Shortcuts but couldn’t find one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This was an unexpected duplicate of the post above, so I deleted its content]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about if you use the Multi-cam feature, syncing the clips together and then you can cut back and forth between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, never heard about the Multi-cam feature. I need to check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<<All the pieces should have the same length so I can shift between them later and remove some pieces almost like cuttin up everything in small pieces and randomly mix between them.>>

It seems you want to sync the clips, then make cuts back and forth? That's what multi-cam allows you to do. If the clips have the same audio it will sync them for you (like you had two cameras rolling at the same time). Or you can sync them manually like you are now. Then you take that sequence and make it a source sequence for multicam. Then you can play it back in the multicam source monitor and see both takes at once and chose between them on the fly or stopping and making specific edits/cleaning them up again, etc. And/or you can do it again on the fly. or skip over parts or go back to them... etc.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/user-guide.html/premiere-pro/using/create-multi-camera-source-s...

VideoRevealed: Multicam Proxy Workflow in Adobe Premiere Pro — Premiere Bro

https://www.google.com/search?q=Premiere%20Pro%20multicam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would copy those clips into after effects, create markers at equal intervals using a script such as:

https://aescripts.com/marker-conductor/
Then use another script to split the video using markers such as:
https://aescripts.com/pt_layermarkers/

Then paste those into Premiere. Theoretically, it will work but without trying I will never now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that might be an indea. But I'll wait to see if someone have an easier solution within Premiere. Otherwise I will try that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone posted something simular on a different forum.

Take a e.g. color matte and make it 2 seconds long.

Copy/paste or alt drag and fill the timeline.

Drop you clip in the timeline.

Arrow down the color matte and ctrl+K the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines