• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v14.8 Label colours not refreshing in timeline.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PRODUCTION set up with multiple projects. When I change the label colour of an asset in the project window, it does not automatically refresh in the timeline. Is there a setting I am missing?

I was looking for the 'Display the project item...' check box but the Project Settings panel is greyed out and I can only access Production Settings which does not have that tick box.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1230029_label color.png

Thanks for the tip, my first time posting here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ann, I see that it is a design decision. At least now I know.

Might be good to have a timeline option for "Use local timeline clip colours" which can override the clip colour set in the bin.

Best of both worlds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Productions was built for collaborative working ... with perhaps many editors each with their own preferred color schema ... they intentionally left out the ability to enforce the same color scheme throughout the Production.

I understand the reasoning. This entire operating process called "Productions" came from their Hollywood group and was used on several full feature movies before becoming part of general Premiere Pro. And in the experience of the companies doing the feature, having this option meant everyone was constantly complaining that someone was messing with their editing setup.

I'm a one-person shop, who's found that Productions is a far better workflow for my operation. All my various projects, settings, preferences, b-roll, audio creations, everything once "made" is available for any other project. And it's awesome.

I understand why they left out the switch. But it would be nice if the users had the option to turn that switch on.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines