• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[v14.8 Windows] Copy text titles from one project to another?

Contributor ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Premiere Pro and I have created text titles that I would like to copy from one Premiere project to another, saving me having to create and format the new titles from scratch. Is there a way to do this?

Premiere Pro doesn't appear to let me open more than one project at a time, so there's no copying the titles from one project to another that way, and I can't find any export or import options that would allow me to copy titles between projects. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just put the titles in a sequence and then copy the sequence to the new project.  There are probably other, maybe better ways to do this, but I don't usually deal with complicated graphic builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you mgrenadier. Time for me to learn about working with sequences. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, you can easily open multiple projects at the same time ... simply go to File, Open Project. It doesn't close the current project, and you'll now have two open Project panels.

So have a timeline panel with a sequence of one project, another timeline panel with a sequence of a second project, drag/drop or copy/paste from one sequence to the other. Quick and gets the job done.

The problem is this can get messy with duplicating assets you weren't expecting to, and um ... which project am I actually working in right now? So it's wise to have multiple projects open only during the transfer, then close the project you don't need to have opened now.

You can also start working in the new Productions mode, which is very different.

File/New Production. Premiere creates a production folder on disc where you tell it, and a Production panel. Then from that Production panel, you create subfolders to organize your work. Within the subfolders you create project files to store the bits of your work ... like a project file for storing media, another one for sequences, another one for audio files, another one for ... whatever you need.

I'm a one-person shop, but I'm working in Productions. All my b-roll, specialized sequences I've created, everything from any other project this year ... is available in a project within that Production. And unlike stand-alone projects, when you use a bit (media, sequences, whatever) from one project within a Production in another project in that Production, it doesn't create any additional "Master Clip" database references. It uses the original dB reference.

So your projects load and work faster. Very different setup though.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines