• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v14 not supporting Alexa Mini LF codec

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import MXF files from the new Alexa Mini LF and I keep getting an "unsupported format" error. Will there be a camera raw update in the near future for Adobe? 

In the meantime, what is the workflow for exporting an XML based off proxy files? My color grader will work off the RAW files for DaVinci Resolve.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share what codec you are using? Is this ARRIRAW in an MXF wrapper or ProRes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's good to finally see a rep from Adobe responding.  I have also posted about this and have seen no response from Adobe.  This is a recurring issue that has been known since the reease of the Mini LF.  It has been confirmed by ARRI, they said the issue is relating to the SDK version in Premiere, the problem is addressed in V6.  That said, have not been provided with an implementation timeline by Adobe.

WHEN IS ADOBE GOING TO FIX THIS ISSUE?????!!!!  

...or should we just all migrate to DaVinci where is works without issue.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's see if @Francis-Crossman  might pop in.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, let's see.  Adobe needs to take this seriously.... neglecting to provide support for ARRI RAW from the MINI LF means they are not taking the professional community seriously.  I was honestly shocked to hear from ARRI how long they have been trying to get ARRI to address this.  The fact that Adobe came out with another important update this week and continued to not not address this issue is beypnd frustrating.  @Francis-Crossman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just able to imort an arriraw (.ari) file from Alexa LF into PPro 14.7 without issue.  Would you be able to send us a short sample of the MXF files that do not import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be happy to send you a file.  Please let me know where to send it.  The issue is not with Alexa LF but MINI LF RAW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll DM you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for popping in, Francis!

This is something I've seen from several users of the Alexa Mini.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have there been any developments on this issue?  I ran the latest updates and am now having different errors, the footage doesn't come in at the correct resolution, no image images show and the following messages come up...

Screen Shot 2021-02-16 at 10.27.28 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have identified a fix to this issue and you can test that out in Premiere Pro Beta right now.  We don't yet know exactly which public release this fix will go into, but it should be soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Francis!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I am dealing with the same issue. My Mini LF just came in and I did some tests and was all excited to get some stills from premiere and boom. What do you mean Premiere Pro beta ? Thank you in advance 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the CC Desktop app there's a tab for public beta apps. You can download and run the public beta alongside the shipping version.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I downloaded BETA but it still doesnt work properly. It opens the file but it wont edit it. These are the errors I get and there is like 30 of them in the row all the same 

- Frame Substitution Recursion Attampt 

- Error Retriving Frame 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all the public beta apps there's a few icons in the upper right corner. One is a chat bubble I think, and that takes you to the public beta forum for that app which is where the developers track issues.

So click on that icon, and post "over there" also please. 

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines