• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v14: subtitles destroyed, how to reset/apply the formatting?

Engaged ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the buggy subtitle functionality destroyed the formatting and line breaks of  my subtitles. Don't know when this happened. On the left side my original formatting, on the right the result.

2020-02-11_shot_011.png

How can I fix it without recreating it?

thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ... linking images requires users to download the files to their own computer to be able to see them ... not overly safe and takes a lot more time. Most of us here are volunteers working on our own time. Use the picture icon to upload images directly into the post for all to view.

And yea ... subtitles have issues so frequently in Premiere.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to find the region where I can drag'n'drop my screenshot instead of using the file path via clipboard – and found first the very little attachment icon outside the text box. After that I realised that the drag'n'drop function only exists after first opening the insert-image-dialog-box ... (suggestion: make the whole input box the target area).

And, yes, I know about the very very very buggy subtitle feature – that was the reason for my posting. You don't have a solution?

... my solution after my posting : exporting my edited subtitle and reimport it. Tried it first within the timeline instead of selecting the srt file ...

2020-02-11_shot_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yea, isn't this forum software grand? Says you can drag/drop an image ... but that normally doesn't work, and if you managed that ... you're better at it than I am! I have to use the navigate to file/upload process.

And ... I'm hoping your post indicates you're at least able to function. My experience with the subtitles/open-captions in Premiere isn't that much because it's been so ... frustrating ... when I've used it that like many, I avoid it.

Please ... go over to the UserVoice page and either search for subtitle/captions reports or file a new one. Or both! Then come back here and post a link, and we'll all go upvote the blame thing.

Adobe's upper management that decides budgets lives by metrics. Fine. All U-V posts go first to the engineers (someone reads every one of them!) and then in collated form to upper managers.

Let's give them some metrics. This "system" needs complete rebuilding.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines