Premier Version

Machine 

• Dell XPS 8930
    • Intel i7 8700 @3.20 
    • 16G Ram
    • GeForce GTX 1070, driver version 442.23

Camera

• Panasonic GH5 

Troubleshooting a technical glitch where I'm exporting footage that was taken at 120fps (via the in-camera variable frame rate function, @ 60fps). The footage looks good in Premier, and I'm able to successfully apply speed ramping etc. When I export the files I get some very strange results. It appears that Premier is interpreting the footage properly during editing, but not honoring that when I export. I've tried exporting three different ways with the exact same results (H.264, match source / PNG + JPEG sequences / MPEG 2,4 / audio, no audio). Check out the attached image examples of what I'm running into. The examples compare the exact time on the counter from Premier to viewing in VLC. I have other footage in the edit that is still @ 60fps that looks great, but I did not apply any kind of frame interpreting, speed ramping etc. 

It may be worth mentioning that I have no need in this edit to sync audio. 

Please let me know if there is a solution to this! Thank you! 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Variable Frame Rate Footage, Export Glitch

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premier Version

Machine 

• Dell XPS 8930
    • Intel i7 8700 @3.20 
    • 16G Ram
    • GeForce GTX 1070, driver version 442.23

Camera

• Panasonic GH5 

Troubleshooting a technical glitch where I'm exporting footage that was taken at 120fps (via the in-camera variable frame rate function, @ 60fps). The footage looks good in Premier, and I'm able to successfully apply speed ramping etc. When I export the files I get some very strange results. It appears that Premier is interpreting the footage properly during editing, but not honoring that when I export. I've tried exporting three different ways with the exact same results (H.264, match source / PNG + JPEG sequences / MPEG 2,4 / audio, no audio). Check out the attached image examples of what I'm running into. The examples compare the exact time on the counter from Premier to viewing in VLC. I have other footage in the edit that is still @ 60fps that looks great, but I did not apply any kind of frame interpreting, speed ramping etc. 

It may be worth mentioning that I have no need in this edit to sync audio. 

Please let me know if there is a solution to this! Thank you! 

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0

Have something to add?