Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vdeo (especially text in it) after rendering looses quality/sharpness

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there!
Could I ask you if it is known why after rendering the quality of the video reduces, the image becomes blurry/loses sharpness and text even hardly readable because of that. Not sure what is it that I am doing wrong. Would appreciate the help a lot!
Greetings!
Greta

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 12.07.44.pngScreenshot 2021-01-07 at 12.07.58.png

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start with to un-check "Maximum Bit Depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality" unless you do know what they do and that you need it. Most people do not need any of them and they are known for reducing quality under some (many) circumstances.

Render at Max Depth and Use Max Render Quality - What are those check boxes doing?

And, the preview codec is MPEG2 encoded at a low bitrate. And, you have the Sequence Settings and Export Settings set to Lower Fileds First. Using Fields are only done with SD footage and 1080i footage and you have none of those two. I doubt that you need it. Change Fileds in the Sequence Settings to Progressive and make sure to export using Progressive as well.

What exact version of Premiere Pro do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! I am using the one before the latest version of Premiere Pro (still need to do an update). 

Could you advise me which preview file format I should use?

Thank you in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you advise me which preview file format I should use?

My question then becomes: Do you really need to render previews? There is no must and it will not enhance the final output if you render the timeline. Rendering the timeline comes in handy when the render bar abowe the footage is red and the playback stutters because the computer cant cope. Then it is great to render so the render bar switches from red to green. If you want a good preview codec you can change Preview File Format to GoPro CineForm (YUV 10-bit).
Red.PNG

In your case with a timeline set to interlace and using "Maximum Bit Depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality" the rendering codec is the last thing to adress. Have you adressed those issues? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! I was thinking id I do this part right can match the sequence settings and hope if will help.
I did yes try not using "Maximum Bit Depth" and "Use Maximum Render Quality", it did not change, however. I believe I should change export settings somehow. At the moment am trying this. 
Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 20.14.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the moment am trying this. 

Let´s go back to the start: What are you doing, iow editing video filmed by a video camera or some sort of animation created by stills made in let´s say Photoshop?

If you are editing video, make sure that the Width and Height in the sequence settings matches the video. (Sequence > Sequence Settings) If the video is 1920x1080, edit the video in a sequence that is 1920x1080 as well and make sure that everything else matches as well such as frame rate/pixel aspect ratio/fields.

On the screen dump you gave us now your sequence is set to 1600x900 while you are exporting to 1920x1080. I don´t know the reason to why you choosed 1600x900 as your sequence settings, hence the question regarding video or animation earlier.

Settings.PNG

In short, one should always aim for using settings that matches the footage such as 1920x1080 footage goes to a 1920x1080 sequence and the export should be 1920x1080. Any mis-match will cause some issues and will always degrade the footage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there once more and thank you once more for you help!
I did a mistake! Changed the footage to 1920x1080 it definitely helped with the unreadable text however I still notice the loss of quality after exportation. 
I am using filmed footage, some text written on premiere and fool screen colour mates in long-lasting cross dissolves. Now when I export let's say in QuickTime the quality is sharp however the transition of colours is as if revealing steps (not happening smoothly). Could you suggest some solution to this, please?
Warm greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines