• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ver 14 project won't open in 15.2

New Here ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had a project I'd spent hours creating graphics in version 14 which refused to open once I'd updated to 15.2. It would open a project that was 15hrs of work younger: before I'd begun creating graphics. Error message said it was damaged or used outdated elements. Not helpful.

The only instructions I could find to rollback versions involved older versions of the Creative Cloud app that looked very different to what I have on my machine and had no option menu next to the Premiere app (once I'd uninstalled it). Certainly nowhere offering to install the previous version.

My fix: illegally downloaded ver 14 from a sketchy website.

Problem solved! Although not sure if I now have a virus... or worse. I was that desperate!!! All good for now...

Does not make me love Adobe.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try importing your V14 project into a new V15, rather than trying to open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't try importing. Could possibly have worked, although other projects from version 14 seemed to open just fine, offering to convert on the way in. It simply didn't like the graphics, telling me the file was corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC app offers you all builds of version 14.

afbeelding.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the "CC App"? If so, it was zero help. See what I see when I click the "..." menu. Simply an option to uninstall. Then if I go ahead and uninstall, see next screenshot below this

(Yes, I now have 15.2 AND 14.9 installed due to my dodgy fix).

default60bjs6u7e1c2_0-1622007663141.png

Once uninstalled, the Premiere Pro app appears like this:

default60bjs6u7e1c2_1-1622007783577.png

The only available option is to "install" without choice of version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

In the Creative Cloud Desktop, click on the "All apps" otion on the left. Then you will see the listing with 3 dots to the right. The "Other versions" is there.

If you pick the listing from the "categories" section, the 3 dots and other versions are not shown.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so for me. See below, with All Apps selected I've no option for version...

default60bjs6u7e1c2_0-1622008008645.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would go with this option, it's available for every version of creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines