• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Verion 14.4 hangs when loading project

New Here ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded to the new version 14.4, and the first project I tried to load just hung there, with the dreaeded color wheel spinning for several minutes.

I tired creating a new project, with nothing in it.  And it loaded fine.

Tried to load the project file again, and it froze, again.

So I reloaded the new project, with nothing in it, then opened the same project that would freeze, it would load fine. Exit the blank project, and all would be working fine. 

Exited, and reloaded the project, and it would freeze again.

I deleted all the cache files, and that had no effect.

I reset the preferences, and the project loaded, but when I reset the preferences, the next time I tried to load the project, it hung.  So I tried to just bring in certain preferences one at a time, so see which ones were causing it to crash.

And disccovered that it was only when I exited a program with the 2nd monitor active, HDMI out to a 4K TV, where it hung.  If it switced to the BM mini monitor (which is only HD, btw so I don't use it often), that also uses the same HDMI port as the 4K TV  the program would load fine.  If I turned off the 2nd monitor, saved and excited the program, it would reload without issue.  If I turned it back on the 2nd monitor 4K HDMI, and tried to reload the project, it would freeze again. 

I've been using Premiere Pro for years, and have never encountered something like this. Anyone have an idea why trying to load a project that has 2nd monitor turned on would black the programe from loading. 

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try creating a new project and then use Media Browser to copy the entire contents of the project that won't open into the new one. Save the new one, close all open projects, and then try to re-open the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines