Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 14.3 - Project crash upon loading / opening

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah man... Sam e problem again.

Hey guys, any help would be great please.

I had this issue with V14.2 and again in V14.3...

My projects from previous versions open and as soon as the start loading (Progres bar in bottum right) to program stalls and freezes op. (Not responding)

I start a new project in 14.3, and then import the old project and that works. I edit for a few hours. Save and close up. Then as soon as I reopen same issue... Premiere stall as soon as the prohect star to load.

Specs:

Windows 10

3950X, GTX1080ti, 64Gb 3600 RAM, NVME SSD x 2TB.

I'll have to go back to V14 again... I was so hopefull that 14.3 would have this issue sorted 😞

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to delete my cache before every version, so, if you haven't, here's one way:

• Start PP from it's normal desktop icon (IE: don't open from a project file link).
Close the Open/Home screen (and you will be in PP without a project open).
• Go into Edit/Preferences/Media Cache (Mac users adjust menu name)
• Then Press: Remove Media Cache Files: and Delete...
• Select: Delete all media cache files from the system and OK
Close PP - It will create any needed cache files on the fly as you edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, 

Tried this. No luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't say what steps you've taken so far, that would be helpful.

Deleting Prefs is always a step to be tried when PP is acting oddly. Otherwise, you may want to check what you have loaded in memory. Sound card software from manufacturer or mother board provider. OSD software from anyone. These kind of things do often cause strangness. I try to not install any motherboard software and try to use the Windows software wherever possible. Even the invidia drivers. I only install the drivers and non of the software.

This was helpful:

https://www.ghacks.net/2012/12/26/make-sure-you-only-install-nvidia-drivers-you-need/

It's not just for performance, but for reliability also: For instance, here's my taskmanager screen with PP creating proxies and only 103 processes running at that moment. (you've got to be tricky to get it down to that, but if you have >150 processes running there are lots you can get rid of). Etc.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent 3 hours with an Adobe agent via online help last night to try and sort this problem out. 

So my 3 current projects (Large long term ones) were created on Version 14.

I upgraded to 14.2 and had this issue where as soon as the project is opened the app freezes.

Then with 14.3 I thought, maybe this is sorted now. But same problem.

The agent astablished that the media cache is not being created or gets stuck when the project is loaded.

If I roll back to V14 everything is fine.

We have tried:

reset prefrences

update all drivers

delete old cache and reset where it is saved.

Start new project then import old. This works untill you close it and reopen. Then it freezes up again.

Adobe agent advice... "we don't recomend updating to newer versions while on older projects" FFS

So I must wrap up all projects, then update to 14.3...

But what if I have a request after 2 or 3 months to go back to older project...? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention looking at the processes, installed specialty software etc. Your machine is running unusually because 14.3 runs better than ever on my and most of our systems. If you really want to find it and you can afford to get a small ssd. Take out your c: drive and put Win10 on the new drive and the PP and your projects/media etc and give it a whirl. If that works start adding your utilities, etc... and keep testing PP in between.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So after months of this issue, strugglin gand tryin gevry option to resolve it and sticking to V14 this is finally working now with the latest V14.5... 

11 updates later... like wtf.

This was so frustrating that it pushed me to explore other editing suites. 

This was the push I never knew I needed. I bought Resolve studio and have not looked back since.

Hardly ever crashes, faster with te media I work on and al lround pleasure to operate with minimal issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines