Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical 4K Proxies squashed

Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have Sony A7siii Slowmotion Footage (S&Q Mode 100 fps in a 25p file) and filmed vertically. The proxies generated as 2160*3840 H265 25p is shown squashed.

The proxy file itself is NOT squashed, just when attached to the original footage. If I pull the proxy in the timeline it is sown just fine????

Am I missing a setting???

Vanessa5E0E_0-1609179096476.pngVanessa5E0E_1-1609179134579.png

When I generate the poxy as HD instead of 4K it works... is this a 4K issue???

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

We have a video tutorial here that will show you how to create a custom proxy preset for vertical video! This should help while we improve the workflow. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Can't believe it's just the two of us noticing this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here, solution was as below from 'brownpaperdad', in summary I used ME to check the poxy files were the right aspect and not squashed, when used in PR they only worked correctly when the preview was set fo full resolution - bizarre...?

However the proxy files don't seem to work when stabilisation is applied - seem to remeber it used to?

Screenshot 2022-05-27 at 09.19.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Would you mind sharing a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us to diagnose the issue properly. 

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this solution works for you, but I was having this issue with all my vertical content. I had to make a separate proxy preset (in media encoder) just for vertical content. Now, when I go to make proxies, I have to send the vertical files (separate from non-vertical files) with this preset. I do wish Premiere had an auto-detect feature, and just made proxies with mixed aspect ratios.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with my a7iv vertical proxies. This is so frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you have to create a custom proxy preset, in which I did, but incorrect the first time  So I tried to just change the settings and that does not work, the cache is tied to the old setting under the name… u have to clear your cache and delete the old presets and create new presets hevec h265 720x1220… problem solved… I’d been sitting on some vertical footage for 2 weeks cause I couldn’t edit the big 10 bit and finally figured it out tryn for 5 hours smh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We have a video tutorial here that will show you how to create a custom proxy preset for vertical video! This should help while we improve the workflow. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines