• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very low quality on 720p exports from Premiere, unlike when transcoding in AME

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a UHD sequence (3840x2160) with 4K (4096x2160) inside it. Some of them are scaled at 170%, others at 103%.

Exporting this sequence at 720p (without Maximum Render Quality) from Premiere or AME results in very poor quality. Switching Maximum Render Quality on solves the issue.

However, if I first render the sequence at UHD resolution to ProRes, and then transcode it in AME without Maximum Render Quality, the quality is just fine. The pictures are from 170% scaled clips.

What gives? Why do I need to use Maximum Render Quality when exporting from Premiere, but when transcoding clips in AME, I don't?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atso Galkin,

Maximum Render Quality helps preserve details and avoid aliasing when scaling to a frame size different from your source media. For example, exporting from a high-resolution 4K sequence to a lower resolution HD or SD format. Enabling this option can improve quality but keep the following in mind:

• Export times can increase significantly, especially on systems without a supported GPU.
  • Systems with supported GPU hardware automatically use maximum render quality if Renderer is set to Metal, CUDA, or OpenCL. Leave this setting deselected in those scenarios.
  • This option is only useful when exporting to a different frame size. If you’re exporting at the same frame size as your source media (like rendering/transcoding a UHD sequence in UHD resolution), leave this setting deselected.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PleaseEmbedImages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines