Highlighted

VFR and "Preserve Audio Sync"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... what am I doing wrong?

A bunch of footage (shot from an iPhone, I believe) was dumped on me, and it's all variable frame rate. It's completely uneditable in Premiere, because the audio and video are immediately out of sync. I've studied the VFR FAQ repeatedly, and I must be doing something wrong, because after selecting one of the offending clips, opening it in the source monitor, then clicking the Effect Controls panel, there is no "MPEG Source Settings" effect (which is where, according to the FAQ, the Preserve Audio Sync option is supposed to be. When the clip is selected, the Master effect control panel is completely empty. The one for the sequence has the usual stuff in it, but not the MPEG Source Settings thing.

Help?

premierescreenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VFR and "Preserve Audio Sync"

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay... what am I doing wrong?

A bunch of footage (shot from an iPhone, I believe) was dumped on me, and it's all variable frame rate. It's completely uneditable in Premiere, because the audio and video are immediately out of sync. I've studied the VFR FAQ repeatedly, and I must be doing something wrong, because after selecting one of the offending clips, opening it in the source monitor, then clicking the Effect Controls panel, there is no "MPEG Source Settings" effect (which is where, according to the FAQ, the Preserve Audio Sync option is supposed to be. When the clip is selected, the Master effect control panel is completely empty. The one for the sequence has the usual stuff in it, but not the MPEG Source Settings thing.

Help?

premierescreenshot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jason,
I have the same issue here. Driving me crazy..

Did you ever find out why the "MPEG Source Settings" effect was not showing?
Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a lot of VFR media in a project I still recommend using Handbrake to transcode to CFR before using in Premiere if there's any sign of trouble.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 28, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree,  depending on the device used to record the video; the VFR capabilities on Premiere Pro seem to be unreliable. Hit or miss at this point!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure but there might not be a MPEG Source Settings as the footage is H.265.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My footage was recording on a Surface Pro built-in camera app.  It's H.264 mp4 footage.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI! What edition do you use? It only appears on CC 2018 and newer versions of Premiere Pro.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 24, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Thank you for the post... saved me a few moments to take screenshots of my own as they would have been exactly what you displayed.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2019 0