• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VHS conversion

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone tried a AV to HDMI converter with a Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle?

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

The Intensity Shuttle is awesome but not for capturing VHS tapes unless your VCR has a built in TBC. It can capture from game consoles and be used for webcam type stuff. That being said the Canopus ADVC 110 works great for VHS transfers. Both products are discontinued. Some of the cheap USB video capture devices can be a pain in the buttocks. The video below might be worth watching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Intensity Shuttle is awesome but not for capturing VHS tapes unless your VCR has a built in TBC. It can capture from game consoles and be used for webcam type stuff. That being said the Canopus ADVC 110 works great for VHS transfers. Both products are discontinued. Some of the cheap USB video capture devices can be a pain in the buttocks. The video below might be worth watching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the responce. 

I found the Shuttle was great when I plugged in the hdmi output from an old dv camcorder. As you said, it would not capture the vcr outputs. I've seen adaptors that have rca video in and hdmi out. 720p or 1080p output. I wounder of the Shuttle would read the hdmi from this adaptor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the adapter to act like a TBC as seen in the video below but the quality is not the best. It is decent to use for capturing home moives but I would not use it for clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy. Thank you for the very useful response. I will give this a try. I wonder how this would fair with a high 8 camcorder.

Stay healthy.

Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked it out on Amazon.ca. almost $200 and wouldn't ship to Canada. ???? Any who I ordered directly from Tenak. $52 Canadian and included shipping. They have some cool stuff on their site.

Lloyd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Amazon USA sells those converters for $40.00. The image quality is not as good as the ADVC 110 but it works. The HDMI/composite converters work with the Intensity Shuttle but they also work with the cheap $20.00 USB/HDMI capture cards. That being said Premiere Pro will recognize the Intensity Shuttle but not the HDMI/USB capture cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines