Highlighted

VHS Player capture

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to connect my VHS player to computer and capture clips from a tape using Premier Pro. I am using a USB capture device made by Top-Longer. I have the red, white and yellow RCA cables connected to back of VHS player and the other end plugged to USB port of computer. The computer simply does not see the VHS player and when I open Premiere and go top Capture - File - it says Cature Device Offline. Any suggestions. I am using a Dell XPS desktop computer - windows 10. 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

VHS Player capture

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to connect my VHS player to computer and capture clips from a tape using Premier Pro. I am using a USB capture device made by Top-Longer. I have the red, white and yellow RCA cables connected to back of VHS player and the other end plugged to USB port of computer. The computer simply does not see the VHS player and when I open Premiere and go top Capture - File - it says Cature Device Offline. Any suggestions. I am using a Dell XPS desktop computer - windows 10. 

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firewire only

Do a search for Grass Valley ADVC 110 external digital converter... I don't think made now, but may be on eBay

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro cannot capture via USB unless it is a device with drivers for Premiere Pro such as products from Blackmagic Design. Use the software that came with the Top-Longer device to capture. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
AgaNagA LATEST
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use OBS, it's free and it works with no problems 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Windows10Home64-bit/IntelCorei7-4810MQ CPU@2.80GHz/16GBRAM/NvidiaGeForceGTX880M

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2020 0