Video assets dropping out of timeline on large project.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro 2020 on a PC. Saving everything to an external drive. The project has 600 pictures and short video clips. After entering several hundred assets the earliest assets entered dissapear. Initially I could open up a previous saved version and continue my work.  Now the first half of the timeline disappears after they were there and saved the night before.  We have deleted the cashe and still are having problems with prior work being dropped.   

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video assets dropping out of timeline on large project.

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Premiere Pro 2020 on a PC. Saving everything to an external drive. The project has 600 pictures and short video clips. After entering several hundred assets the earliest assets entered dissapear. Initially I could open up a previous saved version and continue my work.  Now the first half of the timeline disappears after they were there and saved the night before.  We have deleted the cashe and still are having problems with prior work being dropped.   

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please define "disappear". Do the clips actually vanish from the timeline, leaving only blank space? Do you get a Media Pending yellow block where each clip is supposed to be? Do the source clips in the project panel still look and behave normally?

You should also check available disk space on that external drive. If it's low, you will have problems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! 

Yes the clips disappeared from the timeline leaving blank spaces in areas where I previously had assets.

I saw no yellow blocks just a blank space.  Source clips remained in the project panel and behaved normally.  External drive is almost empty.

Below is a view of when the assets dropped.

Dirtbikedivas_0-1607364565206.png

I just re-opened the timeline from last night and now the images re-appear.  

Anything I can do to prevent this from occuring again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen this bug happen when I was on 14.6 recently. I've since rolled back again to 14.4. What seems to be causing this to happen?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any concrete answers. I'm just thinking of things that *might* affect the problem.

Are you guys using proxies at all? 
We're any of these projects started in an earlier version of Pr?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was on 14.4, Premiere seemed pretty stable. Once I tried the 14.5 update, I would get the application hanging on opening projects and missing label colors. I thought 14.6 fixed those issues but just to be safe, I created a new production with new projects named after my previous Premiere versions and imported the old projects into those. That seemed to fix the issue but recently, I had to roll back to 14.4 recently due to projects with timelines hanging on the opening dialogue box and this new bug the OP posted.

I can tell if these bugs are due to an OS issue, a third party extension or some preference I have on/off. Even using the main troubleshooting techniques of resetting preferences, reinstalling and more don't seem to alleviate the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I wasn't using any proxies. I'm using a mix of Pro Res and off camera media.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  Thanks so much for all of your help! 

Video has been rendered and posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 20, 2020 0