Video begins to glitch then turns green during edit

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac with Catalina OS 10.15.7, Premiere Pro 14.6.0

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

I was editing a 5-minute video. At 2/3 the way through, I made a cut and the untouched clip began to show a glitchy band at the top of the screen. After a few more slices, the video turned green. 

The original video plays fine end-to-end. I exported the edited video in hopes that the glitches would not also export, but that was not the case. 

I thought it was the graphics card and changed computers. Still having the same issues on this one.

I'm up against a deadline with a few more videos to edit. Help!

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.36.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.38.01 AM.png

 

Yeah I suspected it was a screen recording. Premiere, and other NLEs, really hate working with variable frame rates, which screen recordings usually are.

You can use Handbrake, it's better than iMovie to do the converting.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video begins to glitch then turns green during edit

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac with Catalina OS 10.15.7, Premiere Pro 14.6.0

Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB

I was editing a 5-minute video. At 2/3 the way through, I made a cut and the untouched clip began to show a glitchy band at the top of the screen. After a few more slices, the video turned green. 

The original video plays fine end-to-end. I exported the edited video in hopes that the glitches would not also export, but that was not the case. 

I thought it was the graphics card and changed computers. Still having the same issues on this one.

I'm up against a deadline with a few more videos to edit. Help!

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 8.36.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.38.01 AM.png

 

Yeah I suspected it was a screen recording. Premiere, and other NLEs, really hate working with variable frame rates, which screen recordings usually are.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 01, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is what happens when you let elderly people use computers!
Lol--
~Tami
\o/
Praising Jesus!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the origin of the video you're editing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One video came from Zoom and one came from QuickTime.

We developed a workaround. 

1. Import the video into iMovie

2. Export from iMovie

3. Import the iMovie version into PR and proceed as usual.

It's clunky and takes more time, but at least I can get my work done. 

This is happening with random videos, not every time. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
Enthusiast ,
Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 02, 2020 0
Tami5DD0 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

It's odd to me that it's only now becoming an issue. I've edited a few hundred videos that were a minute or two in length all the way up to 3 hours. This is the first time I've encountered this. 

I use Handbrake to reduce file size for upload to our LMS. I pull the video in and turn it out as an MP4. Do I need to do anything special in HB to convert? 

(I work for a startup company where the thinking runs along these lines: Hey, you own a car. You'll be our head mechanic! 

I had a recording studio. That got me elected as the audio/video engineer. YouTube is of some help. LinkedIn Learning and Udemy also helped. Two years ago I thought adobe was something with which to build a house in New Mexico!) {Best job ever, btw!}

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2020 1