Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video card compat issue

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,
I'm trying to use Premiere Pro 2020, have just paid for subscription, and the problem is that I have an old laptop, it's a Lenovo Thinkpad W520 which runs with NVIDIA Quadro 2000M. Right after I open Premiere I get that video compat issue screen. NVIDIA doesn't have a newer driver versions (last one is 377.83 from Jan 2018). I thought of just getting a new video card, but the problem is this is integrated and I can't just replace it in my Lenovo motherboard. So here is the real question now: Is there an external video card that Adobe recommends to use with Premiere 2020? I'm willing to get an external one which would be my last instance to make Premiere work for me. Browing Adobe's recommended video card list, I couldn't find one that is external and supported, that's why the question.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use 2020 the only option for your is to get a laptop that matches Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements 

even if you did manage an external card, the other components are way too weak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines