Video clips pause when applying motion

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to PP and so, I'm almost certainly about to ask something dumb.

If be extremely grateful for any help though.

I've tried various YouTube and Google searches, but am probably not even using the right search terms!

Ive got a video of a cloud changing shapes, which is overlaid on a static background (set with a 1 min duration).

I want the cloud to move across the background whilst changing shape.

I have used the motion effects to add keyframes that move it across the screen - but whilst the clip itself moves across the screen, the clip doesn't play, it's just paused showing the first frame of the video. When it reaches the last keyframe position it then starts playing.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for any advice, Mark

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be caused by several things. More details needed.

Maybe, you just need to clear your media cache or reset your preferences.

Is the video of the cloud variable frame rate? If so, it should be converted to constant frame rate first before editing with it. (Use Handbrake.) That may solve the problem. Please provide details of the files you're using: from what camera, resolution, frame rate, codec, etc.

Curious: if you export the video, does the final product look good? If it's only behaving that way in PP but not in the exported file, it might mean your computer can't handle playing both back at once. In that case, lower your program monitor resolution to 1/4 maybe or use proxies. But it sounds like a pretty lightweight animation, so if that's what the problem is, then you really should plan to invest in a more powerful computer soon. Have you compared your computer specs to Adobe's minimum/recommended specs? If you would like more help, it would be good to provide details of your machine.

If you try exporting and it still behaves that way even in your final product (but I suspect it won't), then something may have unintentionally been done in your timeline or effects controls to make that happen. Screenshots of your timeline/effects controls/program monitor would help.

The more details you provide, the more help you can get.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply.

I'll post more details when I'm back at my PC again later. 

By way of update though, I swapped out the cloud clip and it fixed that particular issue - it hadn't even occurred to me that the issue could be the clip itself so thanks for that.

Another remains though. The cloud clip disappears from the final video when the video is exported, despite showing in the rendered export preview.

The cloud clip moves across the screen behind a car that's also moving across the screen (it's supposed to look vaguely like a dust cloud), and I wonder if that's part of the issue for some reason.

I'll post more/clearer details later though anyway.

Thanks again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines