Highlighted

Video colors look different on phone screen.

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am trying to make a two-tone poster style video and everything is fine until I look the render on smartphones. The colors are quite off compared to three different monitors. I tested it on two android devices and on one iphone. Problem is same. 

The monitors are not calibrated and there is a small difference on every monitor, but not as drastic as on phones.

Oh, one interesting thing. When I upload the video to Google Drive, the thumbnail colors are messed up just like on a phone screen, but video playback is fine. Same thing in Youtube, when I hover over the timeline bar and this little thumbnail pops up showing the frame of a chosen time point, the thumbnail colors are messed up the same way.

Is it a color management problem? Render settings? 

I would really appreciate any help. 🙂 Thanks.

color_difference.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Video colors look different on phone screen.

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I am trying to make a two-tone poster style video and everything is fine until I look the render on smartphones. The colors are quite off compared to three different monitors. I tested it on two android devices and on one iphone. Problem is same. 

The monitors are not calibrated and there is a small difference on every monitor, but not as drastic as on phones.

Oh, one interesting thing. When I upload the video to Google Drive, the thumbnail colors are messed up just like on a phone screen, but video playback is fine. Same thing in Youtube, when I hover over the timeline bar and this little thumbnail pops up showing the frame of a chosen time point, the thumbnail colors are messed up the same way.

Is it a color management problem? Render settings? 

I would really appreciate any help. 🙂 Thanks.

color_difference.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 02, 2020 0

Have something to add?