• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Doesn't Play

Engaged ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JKL and Space bar cause the icon to change from play to stop, and vice versa, however the source, program and sequence panels show no movement, no video, nothing at all.

Basically I can't do anything.

I have applied no updates or system changes since I last used this a couple of days ago, when it was fine.

Is there some new known bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Have a look at your audio hardware settings, these often get changed with OS updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide us more information like Premiere pro version, Sequence settings, Media you're using in the timeline, any effects applied and System Configuration.

When you open the video from the project panel into the source monitor does it play?

Try changing the project settings video rendering & playback to software only as follow - File > Project Settings > General -   video rendering & playback (choose software only option)

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it seems to be across everything, so thought I'd check for known issue first.

So, my version is 12.0.1 build 69

Sequence settings: any.  every project I open has this, regardless of settings

Media: any, any media in timeline, in source, and in program doesn't play

It doesn't play in source monitor, or any other panel.

Changing to software rendering only had no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro as follow -

• Press Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) while launching Premiere Pro. You can release the Alt key or Option key when the splash screen appears.

Also, update premiere pro to the latest version which is 12.1.2

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at your audio hardware settings, these often get changed with OS updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at hardware, I see that it thinks the ASIO hardware is not working, which is strange, as it's working fine in windows.

I changed it to MME, and it's all ok now, thanks.

Although the error itself is rather odd....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

what part of the audio hardware settings would I need to change? having the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What will this reset? Will I need to save anything beforehand so I can get my preferences back? I spent quite a bit of time getting my workspace just how I want it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wcn_dave,

Resetting preferences will undo most of your customization. Please find more information here:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines