• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Export not smooth

New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! So I have a 4k 60fps video  (.mov quicktime) that plays perfectly fine in my computer. I have to utilize that video in a project, having other videos as well and I have to edit it using premiere pro.

After editing if I export the exact same video via either Premiere pro or Media encoder, the playback of the exported file becomes very choppy even in the premiere pro timeline. What I observe is frames over frames ( not sure if this is the right way to describe it). I see a laggy video with trails of frames.

I have tried exporting the file as .avi (uncompressed) but the quality of the video gets really low. I have even tried types of quicktime formats but the results get even worse.

My PC specs are:

Windows 10 Home x64-bit

Intel Core i7 9750H

RAM: 12 GB

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650

I am new to Premiere pro. Please let me know what am I doing wrong. Your help will be appreciated.

Regards

Amin A.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Hardware or GPU , How to , Import , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find the attached screeshots of export settings and video properties.

Screenshot 2021-05-06 010218.pngScreenshot 2021-05-06 010001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm assuming you're working with media from a phone. I can see that it's in the HEVC codec (really bad for editing) and also has variable framerate. It's also high framerate. That combination tends to create some insanity inside of Premiere that will also make it into the export. You need to use a program like Handbrake to correct the variable framerate. The resulting file will be an H264, which is also not a great editing codec, but easier to decode than HEVC.

VFR Info:https://www.reddit.com/r/VideoEditing/wiki/faq/vfr

Handbrake: https://handbrake.fr/

As far as your export quality: 10 Mbps is very low for a 4k encoding. You can try some of the 4k presets to get a better sense of what the target bitrate should be. For H264 I'd usually be doing like 50/60.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines