Video File Over Written

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP ! I just finished my video in Premier Pro and I was exporting it and accidently saved it as the same name as my raw footage videos so now half my media is missing and it only exported one clip 😞 I have tried time machine and I don't have that set up so it didn't work. 

If there anyway to reverse this! It'd for school and due in 2 days 😞 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this 😞Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 5.34.01 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there is no way to go back to the raw file once it is overwritten

I have separate drives for input and output, but didn't the program ask to verify?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
malloryAM AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I just ended up re-doing it but now I’m scared to export .... it stills
wants to save as the raw video file but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong
as this has never happened before. --
Mallory Moore

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mallory, is the video file still on your video camera? If so, reimport, then relink it. That's the beauty of NLE. If you got the file from a game capture or webcam and that was the sole copy, you'll have to reshoot and recut the footage, more than likely. Sorry.

Regards,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines