Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Files Not Importing into Premiere Properly

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

If I could recieve some suggestions/support for this problem Im having I would be grateful, I am new to Premiere (video editing in general) and so I am struggling to understand how to fix this issue. I have a video project for an assignment I have been working on and I started it on Wednesday. I am using screen recorded clips and downloaded youtube videos for this assigment. Everything was working totally fine on Wednesday and Thursday. Fast forward to today (Saturday), and I go to my project to find Premiere not responding at all, so I had to force quit and lost the original working file (bummer).

Now, when I try to import media, only the audio is properly importing and I have no idea why. These are the same video files I used on Wednesday/Thursday, and they were 100% working fine then. I tried making a brand new project, quitting the program, reinstalling the program, restarting my computer, etc. I also tried using old videos in different folders and those do not work either. I tried using new videos I just downloaded today, those also are only importing the audio with no video. I have tried clearing my whole media cache, setting the project settings to software render only, etc. I have tried importing with the media browser, dragging videos into the project, and right clicking with my mouse. The weirdest part is in the source preview box (I cant remember exactly what its called, the one where you can watch the source you just imported separately before you put it in your timeline) the video will play! However only the audio has been imported? I am mostly just confused and have tried multiple steps I have seen on the Adobe Support page for this issue, with nothing working. I appreciate any suggestions immensely as I am not sure what to do at all. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines